Living With Emacs is a series of articles to help Emacs beginners with problems or gotchas they might ask during the first year of Emacs use. There will also be articles to help with first time use of some Emacs packages which may or may not be for Emacs beginners.
- How to make Emacs the default text editor in Ubuntu
- How to make Emacs the default text editor in Windows
- what to do when emacs hangs, freezes or crashes
- when did I introduce unbalanced parens – read the relevant section in How to edit Lisp code
- turning off key bindings
- protection of movement keys
- living with CUA mode
- living with package.el
Also see Living with Emacs Lisp | Yoo Box. Even beginners should be learning Emacs Lisp.